Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Beam me home, Scottie

It is now officially the 23rd of June...the day I come home. It is shortly after midnight and I will be leaving for the airport at 2:45am. I am determining whether I should really try to stay awake for the next couple hours or if I should catch a little shut eye.

I have great internet access right now, so I am taking advantage of it by uploading pictures to facebook, which normally took me hours on my slow internet. I am out of my apartment, and have been staying in the spare bedroom of my pastor's home until I leave. I am so thankful they have welcomed me into their home for a couple days.

This last week has been really great. I have finished school, spent a lot of time with friends, and enjoyed the island. I had my last Street Market and really enjoyed my eggplant curry soup. It was some of the best I've yet had. I got a manicure, pedicure and a haircut for 1/4 of the cost you would pay in the States. I swum in the Grotto and it was beautiful. What an incredible place. The tide was not low, but not overly high, but unfortunately there were a ton of Korean divers in the grotto today. Not quite as relaxing when there are so many people, but it was still good.

It has been a wonderful year in Saipan, but I am ready to come home for a little while. I dread the flight, however. On the way out here I was so excited that I didn't care how long the flight was, but now I am feeling absolutely drained and 24 hours of flying is not appealing. I really wish they could "beam me home, Scottie!" I just know that on the other end of the long trip are my wonderful parents and puppy waiting to greet me!

Well I am actually kind of exhausted, so I think I will try to take a short nap before I have to get up and fly home. I hope to see many of you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment