Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Managaha













I just realized I have never told you all about one of the best parts of living on this island--Managaha. Managaha is a tiny, uninhabited island just off the western coast of Saipan, and is located in the reef. The island is considered to have some of the best snorkeling spots in the world. These are a few pictures taken here. My friends in their snorkel gear are the sisters Andrea and Amanda Allen. Andrea was here visiting for a week.


My friend, Daniel, owns a small boat and he is frequently willing to ferry a few of us across the half mile of azure blue ocean to Managaha on the weekends. Half of the island is covered in bright yellow tents teeming with Korean and Japanese tourists laying on the pristine white sand getting massages. The other side of the island has slightly smaller beaches, is more private, and has covered shelters with picnic tables and BBQ pits. My friends and I usually find a quiet spot to lay around on a Sunday afternoon. It is the perfect place to read a book, take a nap, BBQ, and snorkel.

No comments:

Post a Comment