Wednesday, June 2, 2010

"To life, to life...L'Chaim"

I am sorry everyone that I am such a bad blogger. I will try to be better at it, but I won't promise you anything.

I am finishing up my year here in Saipan. It is amazing how time flies. I have been here for 8 and a half months and sometimes it feels like I've just arrived. I still vividly remember my first meal on the island--Oish. In my opinion, it is still my favorite place. There is just no sushi or sashimi like it. And Thai House. Their eggplant curry soup is to die for. I will miss that so much when I leave. Thursdays just don't feel like Thursdays without it.

"These are a few of my favorite things..."
Melona bars
Chocolate pillows
Sashimi
Eggplant curry soup
Mangos off the tree
Sour sap fruit
Amazing sunsets
Managaha
Watching stars up on Suicide cliff
Salty dogs at Johnny's
Meat on a stick
Oish
Saipan Community Church
Daniel's boat
Amanda Allen
$12 pedicures
The ocean and views from Beach Road
Ube flavored Otap
Ukulele music
Carolinian dances
Street Market

When the boonie dog growls, when the cockroach stalks, when I'm feeling sad, I simply remember my favorite things and then I don't feel "plenty" bad.

I will miss you Saipan. You have been good to me!

But I love change. I love new things, and I get a thrill out of the unknown. I am leaving Saipan (hopefully not for good), and embarking on new things. In August, I am off for Moscow, Russia!!! I will be teaching 4th grade English, and middle school English at Moscow Economic School. I will be living in downtown Moscow and am so excited to live there. I've been hoping and praying to live in Russia for years, and the Lord is answering my prayers. As I learn details, figure out my visa requirements, and buy my plane ticket, I will try to keep you updated.

Before Russia though I have "plenty" things to do with family and friends this summer in Montana. I cannot wait to come home. I miss my family and my dog and look forward to nights that cool down in the evening. And fishing--I can't wait to get in the river--even if I never catch a fish.

Life is so good and I am so blessed.

1 comment:

  1. :) I am so blessed to know you and proud to have made the list!
    You are amazing and I can't wait to see where we meet up next!

    ReplyDelete