Friday, October 16, 2009

Internet Issues

I just want to let you all know that I am having some issues with the internet. A couple weeks ago, Tyhoon Melor went through and it knocked out some of the main servers on the island. So my school didn't have internet for over a week, and unfortuanately it was the same week that midterm grades were all due electronically. That was interesting. But the servers are now back on. The issue I now have is that I don't have my own internet at my apartment yet, and I am not sure when I am going to be able to get that hooked up. I have internet at the school, but this blog site is blocked, and I don't have a computer in my own classroom, so I have to borrow from other teachers.

At this very moment I am catching a few minutes of unexpected internet access off of someone else in the building. It hasn't been able to connect for 2 days, and then suddenly it came on. I am finding that here on island, internet connection is more an answer to prayer than an expectation.

So if I am not able to post very often in the coming weeks you will know why.

But since I do have a few minutes I will let you know that I am doing really well. I am all moved in to my apartment, but will continually by getting things to furnish it totally litte by little. When it isn't such a mess with suitcases and shopping bags all over the floor I will take pictures and post them.

This weekend I wil just be preparing for classes next week, but will hopefully get out and do something fun. Please send me an email occasionally to let me know how you are all doing. If you don't know my email already it is katialev09@hotmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment