Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Geckos

Well, there is another gecko in the apartment! I have now officially seen two and I hope to see more. Jackie said they're everywhere, and I think they're cute. He was tiny and yellow and was so fast I couldn't catch him. I caught the first one but he jumped off my arm and scampered away. Isaac was telling me that when they are cornered or scared they will often try to create a diversion by dropping their tails. That means they will essentially cut off their own tails to distract whatever is trying to catch or kill them. Apparently they grow back pretty quickly though. I just think that's cool. When I move into my new apartment this weekend I hope there are geckos.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah,
    I am thinking of you and I am on the phone with Nana trying to talk her through posting a comment. I love you. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do the geckos cut off their tails? Do they chew them off? Weird. Post pics of your new apartment as soon as possible. Love you

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second Kathy - pictures of the apartment! And pictures of the geckos!!
    Ian and Damo left this morning for Chicago, so Moses will be here on Friday. If you post pictures of your apartment, I'll put up pictures of Moses! (Not much of a bribe, but it's all I've got.)

    LOVE YOU ROOMMATE!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who's Moses, Charity? an elephant, a small child, a pillow, a lap stand? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's her dog, silly. They have Noah, and Moses is her parent's dog that they don't want anymore, so he is flying over to live with them.

    And about the geckos...I have no idea how they cut off their tails. My guess is that they they are all little Luke Skywalkers in disguise and use the Force.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Moses is some combination of the first three items on that list. He is the dog, formerly belonging to my parents, who will belong to Ian and me in a couple days. Half Husky, half Queensland Heeler. He's like a stocky, furry, baby deer.

    ReplyDelete