Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving











This has been a wonderful Thanksgiving. I have so much to be thankful for. My family far away, the church family here in Saipan, and my Lord and savior, just to name the most important ones. I spent this Thanksgiving at the home of Mr. and Mrs. Winkfield, and they were gracious hosts. I didn't count exactly, but there were probably between 30 and 40 people at their home for Thanksgiving dinner. There was so much food, games, fun, and more food. Here are a few pictures of our time together as well as a picture of my church, Saipan Community Church.

3 comments:

  1. I like that necklace you're wearing!
    Also, is your church just a roof with no walls? If so, that's pretty fantastic.
    From these pictures you look like you're very happy, and that makes me quite happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the necklace I'm wearing too!!!
    The church is open air with pillar like supports holding it up on the side. And on the right side of the church about 50 feet away is the ocean. There are fantastic breezes that come in the church and it is a great place to attend.
    And yes, Roommate, I am happy. I'll have to send you a postcard sometime soon to tell you all about it. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We got your box today! (Six days shipping, pretty fast I think! The box got quite squished en route, but nothing was broken or even bent. Good thing you didn't send us expensive Czech Crystal Vases though.) Ian is very excited about the cookbook, and I am excited to eat these massive candy canes! Plus, the pretty box is already full of little whatnots! You're the best Roommate!! All the people and puppies love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete